Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Oy, those gremlins

The ending of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 has been plagued with gremlins.

Just before the holidays I came down with a bad sinus infection causing migraine-like headaches. I spent the holidays resting in the dark.

Then...a few days later ....

On the first Saturday of 2014 I narrowly escaped serious injury during a road rage incident in NJ. 5 State troopers came to our rescue, and I managed to only get a few bruises and strains.

Then, a few days later ....

Oroloro partner Joe Cirllo's home had an extensive fire caused by a clothing dryer failure. Fortunately, no one was injured. The 3-month old dryer was the firestarter, and the fire/smoke/water damages are heavy. Joe will be living in a hotel, and watching over the home recovery, for 4-5 months.

Then, a few days alter...

After being on medication for the sinus infection for less than one day, I awoke with a tingling sensation in the right side of my face, which worsened through the day.. My doctor advised me seek urgent care. By the evening the right side of my face had been paralyzed. apparently, the infection hit a nerve.. CT Scans, MRI and blood tests were clear, new meds, and - at this time - I am still slowly recovering, wearing an eye patch and hoping for a full recovery over time.

Then, a few days later....

My custom built high-end computer crashed. It's a fairly large and heavy unit, but very powerful. I use it for our film efforts, designing documents, web sites and video editing. I needed to find a technician to come to the home.for the repair (which was beyond my ability). Finally, 10 days later I'm told it's been repaired, but I don't know the financial damages. We're now waiting to find a day when the computer can be brought back home. Fortunately, I have a small travel laptop and tablet allowing me to minimally keep up on some emails.

Joe and I are regrouping, licking our wounds and looking forward to focusing our energies on the financing of MEGABALL$.  We are grateful for all the support and well wishes received from family and friends. I'm also looking forward to being able to travel so I may see my grandson Carter, born Dec 6th. And, we deserve a vacation!

On a positive note, we were tickled to learn that TV veteran and funnyman, Chuck McCann, is following us on Twittwer and Facebook!

No comments: